Old Desktop Software Updates on Windows XP

Paulywauly154 20:38 PM 16 Sep 12

Hi, I hope someone can help! - I have just ressurected an old Packard Bell Iextreme 1907 (2005) for use in my workshop. In order to get it to boot, I had to perform a restore to factory settings. I then connected the pc to my bt homehub using a LAN cable, in order to download windows updates etc. However I couldnt get a working connection, although the computer did recognise the homehub. Is this due to the lack of broadband drivers and if so where and using which type of media would I download the appropriate software from? - Kind regards, Paul

lotvic 20:54 PM 16 Sep 12

If it was back to factory settings then the drivers will be there as they were at first purchase.

On a different pc download Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File from Microsoft.com and burn it to CD then you can put it on the old Packard Bell. It autoruns to install SP3. It is the stand-alone version and is for any XP (home or pro) very useful to have.

Paulywauly154 20:57 PM 16 Sep 12

Thank you! Ill give it a go and let you know!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…