Old computer

COCOCAT 13:27 27 Mar 06

Have just landed myself a new laptop. Have an old Pentium 2 desktop PC to get rid of. Includes, tower, monitor, keyboard and mouse. Windows 95, Office 97, Publisher 2000 etc on it. Any ideas where the best place is that buys old computers, either to refurbish or whatever? Or should I give to charity.
Also, what is the best way to clear all your files from a computer before you send it on its way?

recap 13:32 27 Mar 06

As I work in the voluntary/Community sector COCOCAT may I suggest giving it to a local charity, I am sure they would appreciate it.

To clear all your data off the computer I would do low format.

click here on how to perform a low level format.

terryf 13:34 27 Mar 06
  rmcqua 13:35 27 Mar 06

I doubt you will get anything for it COCOCAT. I wouldn be inclined to give it to a charity.

ACOLYTE 13:35 27 Mar 06

I agree charity's would love this sort of gift as would nursery schools and such to learn the little devils how to become future PCA forum members lol.

pj123 14:50 27 Mar 06

Who are these Charity's that will accept PCs?

I have tried many in my local area and they all say: "Sorry, can't take it. Can't take anything electrical because it has to have a Safety check and we can't afford it"

When I worked for the local council I was the "Approved SAT (Small Appliance Test) person.

I could easily put a sticker on any electrical appliance (I still have my SAT Certificate) but still the Charity's won't take it.

terryf 16:52 27 Mar 06

Is there a local computer club, try google, my local took a couple of old ones from me to use as demos on how to replace cards, etc

adamagain 00:57 28 Mar 06
  ACOLYTE 01:12 28 Mar 06

So,witch one is you in the photo of the "gang" lol.

By the way sounds a worth while cause,nice one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017