OLD C DRIVE PROBLEM!!!

Sabi 19:06 20 Jul 08

Hello;

I am trying to install AVG 8 Internet Security Pack 3 (paid) in my old PC. But half way through run/installing the program, the following message comes up:

“Conflicting anti-sypware product detected.
Set up has detected ewidow anti-spyware or ewido anti-malware installed on your computer. In order to proceed with installation, you will have to uninstall the previous anti-spyware product first”

I looked in Add/Remove programs and couldn’t find "ewido" there so I used “search” which found two (Ewdio) one of which was in Old C drive/…… download(cannot remember the full path) I removed/deleted both files that search found but the one in Old C drive wouldn’t shift.

Despite “view hidden files”, I couldn’t find anything in "Old C drive/download". In fact the whole page was empty!
After re-booting, I used “search” to find more “ewido” but this time "search" didn't find any. Nevertheless AVG still asking for “ewido” to be removed first!!

I will be grateful for any advice.

Sabi
Windows XP, AOL 9

Forum Editor 19:10 20 Jul 08

as if the AVG installer has found references to Ewido in the drive's registry. You say you manually deleted files, but did you run the Ewido uninstaller first?

wee eddie 19:21 20 Jul 08

bout using CCleaner to clear all traces from the Registry.

p.s. I always create a Restore Point before I fiddle with my Registry!

Sabi 20:10 20 Jul 08

Hi;

Thanks for your reply.

I did not run “ewido” uninstaller, as there was no icon for it (not in all programs and not in Add/remove programs.

I need to know if there is any other step I should take to find and remove “ewido” from the computer?

Wee edie;
Thanks for your advice, I will certainly run Ccleaner, I hope that will get rid of "ewido" registry!

Many thanks

Sabi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…