old B&W prints I've scanned in come out pink!

marsdenboy 21:40 29 Oct 06

I scan in old black and white photos using the greyscale setting, the image appears in black and white, but when I come to print it, it prints as a kind of pinky sepia. Any thoughts on how I could correct this?

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:57 29 Oct 06

Can you select "black "on your printer instead of colour as sometimes the printer tries to make black from the colours and does it badly.

Totally-braindead 23:26 29 Oct 06

What printer? Make and model also what operating system do you use and have you tried printing a test page and does that print ok?

Ashrich 23:32 29 Oct 06

I agree with H V R , sounds it's trying to make composite black , if you have a black cartridge in your printer it may have run out of ink .

Ashley

golfpro 07:49 30 Oct 06

My Canon printer did this once or twice,not just with photos but with text documents as well, until I Ticked the grey scale box on printer settings before every print.

marsdenboy 08:01 30 Oct 06

Thanks for the advice. It's a Canon Pixma with new inks. I've ticked the greyscale box on the printer controls but I still get the problem. This seems to be a common problem- I've seen suggestions that the only solution is a seperate B&W printer. (Sob).

Graham. 08:03 30 Oct 06

I have just printed some photos for a friend who was having this problem. I took out the colour ink cartridge.

It worked on my HP 3 in 1, but wouldn't print on his Epsom. Try it.

anchor 10:02 30 Oct 06

I had a similar problem with an old B/W picture recently, with both my Epson 895 and Epson 700.

I don`t know the possible settings in the Pixma, but on my Epsons I have a choice of either "Color or Black".

Setting it to "Black" resolved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…