Old 8mm Video conversion

brambles 17:50 PM 05 Nov 12

I have about 12 Video 8 Cassettes about 90 minutes each in playing time terms.

Is there a 'capture' gadget of some description where I could insert the videos and view on my computer?

This would be with a view to editing and, when finalised write to a DVD. Obviously the original video camera would have been the logical method - unfortunately it has been lost so I am looking at what alternatives I have.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Brambles

audeal 19:27 PM 05 Nov 12

You will require a VHS Video Cassett Recorder to record the tape onto. If you do not have one then maybe you know somebody who has one stuck in a cupboard somewhere who will lend it to you. Then you will need to find somebody who owns a camera, then you can transfer the films.

I used to do video transfers some years ago but had to get rid of my equipment as I started going deaf and have recently lost my hearing altogether and can no longer do any video editing.

I hope you can find what you are looking for.

Audeal.

audeal 19:27 PM 05 Nov 12

You will require a VHS Video Cassett Recorder to record the tape onto. If you do not have one then maybe you know somebody who has one stuck in a cupboard somewhere who will lend it to you. Then you will need to find somebody who owns a camera, then you can transfer the films.

I used to do video transfers some years ago but had to get rid of my equipment as I started going deaf and have recently lost my hearing altogether and can no longer do any video editing.

I hope you can find what you are looking for.

Audeal.

Terry Brown 20:17 PM 05 Nov 12

Saw this advert on Ebay- have no connection and do not now the seller.

If you try it make your own judgements.

Terry

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VHS-Hi8-VHS-C-8mm-Mini-DV-video-tape-convert-and-transfer-to-DVD-service-/221138535812?pt=LHDefaultDomain3&hash=item337ce24584

Terry Brown 20:21 PM 05 Nov 12

Found a few others on Ebay , type in 'Video 8 Convert', to see others

Terry

woodchip 22:02 PM 05 Nov 12

You need one of these,

Link click hear

woodchip 22:06 PM 05 Nov 12

PS its not for film-Camera, its for older Analog Cameras and video recorders

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites