Old 486...win 95 to win 3.1

chrissy7 11:51 27 Mar 04

I have an old 486 pc.All working and running win95. As a novelty project I want to convert it back to DOS 6.2 and win 3.1. How do I Clear the hard drive , so as to allow me to start affresh loading dos and windows. I am a bit of a novice, so keep it simple and detailed please. Although old it does have a CD drive but I will be reloading from floppies,will the CD dive be configured automatically during setup.

howard60 16:53 27 Mar 04

with dos you will need the floppy to install the cd driver. Make sure you have a copy of everything on your hard drive that you wish to keep on floppies or somewhere. Simply restart in msdos mode and when there type format c: then put in the first msdos disk and Robert is your Aunties Husband.

chrissy7 18:07 27 Mar 04

Thanks,that all seems fairly simple...except the CD Drive bit...Havent got any disks for that...All I will have is DOS6.2 and Win 3.1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…