OKI C5650 Colour Laser Toner

AlanHo 06:50 29 Apr 09

A couple of days ago my OKI C5650 colour laser printer stopped working showing a warning sign "M Toner Empty".

As usual - it had been warning me for a few days that I needed to order new toner - but on previous occasions the warning has displayed for 6 weeks or so before the printer was stopped due to empty toner. I was aware of the need to order new toner which I intended to do in a couple of weeks.

Not having a spare cartridge - I removed the magenta toner cartridge, gave it a shake and put it back - not really expecting it to rectify the problem. To my surprise the printer sprang to life again and is still working OK a couple of hundred copies later.

I have a new cartridge on order - but it will be interesting to see how long the existing one runs OK.

Hence the next time a cartridge becomes "empty" I will try the same trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…