Power Supply: Quiet Coolermaster 650W Dual 12v Rail PSU
Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3L
Memory: 4x1GB Corsair 800Mhz PC6400 DDR2 Ram
Graphics: 512MB nVidia 8800GTS
Sound: Creative Audigy SE 7.1
Hard Drive: 2x250GB SATA 7200RPM
Case: Galaxy Black ATX Midi Tower

I'm pretty new to computers as you can probably tell

I wonder whether goin with 1 500GB harddrive would be better than goin with 2 seperate 250GB ones

also, anythin you would suggest to improve it would be much appreciated

ps: is the q9450 overclockable as i might want to in the future and i dnt wanna not be able 2 if ya get what i mean

sunny staines 17:34 07 Jun 08

two hard drives would be better for backups and placing the pagefile on a separate drive.

some might say two hard drives for RAID set up for slight speed increase.

see no benefit of one drive against two.

Gav5 21:28 07 Jun 08

Thats quite a system you're building there ! As above, there's no real benefit as to whether you go for one or two HD's unless you RAID them. There are various levels of RAID configurations depending on whether you want performance, stability or security.

Bang for Buck, the Samsung 500Gb Spinpoint T series are a good buy. I assume you've opted for Vista 64bit because 32 only offers 3 Gb Ram. Just remember and set the DDR2 voltage correctly in the BIOS. Usually around 2.1v

P.S. i doubt you'd need to overclock that CPU for a long time. There's not much it can't handle, although it is very overclock-able

Jim_F 10:50 08 Jun 08

Just a few thoughts:

1) The Audigy SE doesn't feature an onboard DSP so does more of its prcessing in software. click here
This is true of many of the Creative basic versions in all their ranges - even the X-FI !

2) 2 similar drives in one case can make quite a racket if you don't have anti-vibration mounts due to standing waves. You may want to consider an external enclosure - SATA (speed) or USB (convenience).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…