Ok stuck again with SATA Drivers on A8V-E Deluxe

Giggle n' Bits 20:07 10 Sep 05

Having problems getting SATA Driver to install on this motherboard. I only have the one SATA HDD does anyone know if I am suppose to change the option in Bios from IDE to RAID to get the SATA HDD to accept the driver.

The firthest I have got is starting to Format but it just sticks and nothing. No Format just a empty blue bar and HDD makes a slight electrical noise (Not banging though) In Bios my Seagate 120GB SATA HDD does get recognised as Primary SATA HDD. Boot order is DVD then HDD as there is no option for SCSI.

Please help.

Totally-braindead 20:50 10 Sep 05

I'm downloading the manual for a look, I presume you've already looked there have you?

Giggle n' Bits 20:51 10 Sep 05

the floppy does do something then it loops back and asks for it again.

I have tried the Asus download page for the driver but no sucess still just sits there now trying agian and no its still at 0% HDD is trying to do something then it goes very quiet.

Can anyone help please.

Giggle n' Bits 20:52 10 Sep 05

I have the manual but everything is being done as in the M/Board.

Totally-braindead 20:56 10 Sep 05

On page 4-23 it mentions enabling the SATA in the BIOS have you done that?

Giggle n' Bits 21:02 10 Sep 05

Yes SATA is Enabled in BIOS !

Just read forum post at Asus and nothing new there.

gudgulf 21:13 10 Sep 05

Have a good read through the motherboard manual

click here

Your mobo supports IDE/IDE raid 1&0 and Sata (2 single drives)natively on its VIA chipset.You should only need to install the additional SATA drivers if you are setting up a SATA raid array.

It also states that in order to use the SATA drives Windows XP needs to be at SP1 or later.If your version of windows is not complete with SP1 or SP2 that might be the problem.

Totally-braindead 21:14 10 Sep 05

Now I've not built a SATA based computer yet but I presume that windows is capable of formatting it. The only thing I can think of is this click here I'm sorry I can't be more help but someone on the Forum will know whats wrong.

Giggle n' Bits 21:44 10 Sep 05

I have just ran the Seagate Diagnostic tool and there are lots of Bad Sectors being found on the Surface Scan so I take it my Drive is faulty.

I take it nothing else can contribute to Bad Sectors like Motherboard or Sata Cable (I Changed them anyway)

gudgulf 22:12 10 Sep 05

If its a new drive and you are getting bad sectors then return it as faulty.

Giggle n' Bits 22:19 10 Sep 05

your help much appreciated, hope when I get the replacement all goes a lot smoother.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…