Ok, so I bought my HDMI Cable...

Ronyap 16:11 07 Sep 08

I have now connected my Dell XPS M1330 laptop up to my HDTV.

The good news is that I can see my laptop on my TV (mirrored). The bad news is that there is a huge black border around it. Or shall I say that my laptop screen is not expanding the full screen of my HDTV.

Secondly, I cannot get sound to come from my TV. How do I do this? I have used the speaker tests, and sound did come out from the TV as a test, but when I play a video it doesnt work! PLease help!

Thanks

jimv7 16:17 07 Sep 08

You need a separate sound cable from the puter to the tv.

Ronyap 16:52 07 Sep 08

I do. The one from:

click here

but it still doesnt work ><

jimv7 17:09 07 Sep 08

You need a separate sound cable from the puter to the tv. Not a video/sound cable.

Technotiger 17:39 07 Sep 08

What is the make/model of your HDTV?

Technotiger 18:02 07 Sep 08

"laptop screen is not expanding the full screen of my HDTV."

Have you set the laptop's Resolution to the the optimal Resolution of your HDTV? On mine it is 1680x1050.

woodchip 18:16 07 Sep 08

Screen, Go to Display in Control Panel In Adapter where you can see the TV click it you need to change the resolution if you cannot do it in the TV

Ronyap 19:19 07 Sep 08

Ok, Ive been fiddling around and discovered some stuff. Firstly, Ive fixed the screen issue (black border).

So that leaves the sound issue. Ok, so I try using the audio lead from the link before on my OLD laptop to my TV, and the audio played! Its just with my new laptop that the TV doesnt play. This means that the Lead is fine and the TV is fine.

@Beta:

click here

I think its something to do with settings. Coz it works on my old laptop..hmmm

Ronyap 20:24 07 Sep 08

Ok thanks. I havent got time now, but Ill try tomorrow. Ill let you know of results!

Ronyap 20:26 08 Sep 08

THANKS Beta! It works ^^

Thanks so much :D

Ronyap 20:26 08 Sep 08

THANKS Beta! It works ^^

Thanks so much :D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…