ok memory low so can i adjust me graphics........

masterchief117 22:10 21 Aug 05

ok so the problem with me memory is the 2 sticks i got wont work together. the onboard graphics is meant to be a 64mb but could i ajust the memory its using in the BIOS to 32mb untill i get more memory just so my programs run better or will it affect it too badly?
cheers

Diodorus Siculus 07:46 22 Aug 05

Have a look around the BIOS - there should be some options. How much RAM do have?

As for slow performance, there are ways to improve it - eg defragment the hard disk, minimize the number of background programs etc.

dan11 08:51 22 Aug 05

Yes.

Advanced chipset features > AGP timing control > AGP aperture size. Change from 64Mb to 32Mb ( if the setting will drop that low ).

Even so, if it is just firing from one 128Mb module, it is going to be very slow.

DieSse 09:43 22 Aug 05

It's not the AGP aperture size that allocates RAM to the graphics - there should be a setting that you can recognise by it's wording that does so.

Yes you can put the graphics at 32Mb pro tem. It's plenty to run most things except games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…