OK, I've downloaded the Daemon software

Samwise Gamgee 00:26 29 Apr 05

Could someone give me step by step instructions on how to copy my game cd to my harddrive and get it to run when I click on the icon on my desktop without having to insert the cd into my drive?

TomJerry 00:42 29 Apr 05

here is just some simple explanation about how virtual CD thing work

(1) install demon and set up how many virtual CD driver you want, maximum is 4 with Deamon, but you can have up to 26 with Virtual CD (or Virtual Drive or CD Emulator) but they are not free

(2) you need to creat CD image, Demon cannot do it, you need other software. All good CD burnning software will do it, for example Nero, Roxio, Sonic NTI etc etc. With Nero, changer burner to "Image Burner" copy CD to this burner and it will create a image

(3) Start Daemon and Mount Image (right click demamon icon) and it will work the same way as physical CD

Note: (a) Many game CDs will not work because copy protection thing, but I was told you can google for solution if you are naughty. Basically, you cannot creat image with protected CD. (b) there are some standard alone image creat software such as UltraIso, magicISO

Number 7 01:34 29 Apr 05

You could try this:

Copy the CD to the hard drive using XCOPY.

In Windows xp, go to Programs> Accessories> Command Prompt.

Type xcopy /?

You'll see all the switches- look carefully and select the ones you need.

Copy the CD to the HD and install from there.

Won't always work, but worth a try.

You're only using the functionality of Windows- no crack involved.

TomJerry 09:34 29 Apr 05

It will not work with most games.

It will not work with some "normal" software with mixed multimedia content.

Chegs ® 10:54 29 Apr 05

I use Paragon CD-ROM Emulator to copy my games to HDD.It has worked successfully with every game I have,including NFSU(2 x CD's)which Nero refused to copy as its protected.There are a range of software tools that can identify what protection methods are employed and how to defeat them available online,but I wont post the link as PCA wont approve.Try google for "CD copy protection" or "cdmediaworld" "gameburnworld"

Newuser4491 15:33 23 Nov 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…