ok i feel like i have been ripped off

project 90 17:20 09 Mar 09

ok i am currently on vista, i was trying to edit film clips taken on a sony hdd camcorder SR90E.
i used to use movie maker but somehow it wont import them anymore.

i fiddled around with new codec packs to get the movie clips to play on WMP. i eventually got them to work and movie maker would import the files but have no video just sound, i though i acheived something with the WMP and getting some sound.

i eventually burnt the cips onto a dvd took them upto my mum n dad to show my dad the clip of a steam train i got for him.

i could of cried there on XP there pc is like years old with different parts from cast off pc's that me and my brothers have had. to my absolute amazment the files off the dvd just imported into movie maker where i could edit them with sound and video.

so to end my rant HOW can VISTA not do something that this 5year old XP pc can do? i feel totally cheated out of my editing sofware.

Rant over thanks for reading :@

rawprawn 17:27 09 Mar 09

"i used to use movie maker but somehow it wont import them anymore."

I wonder if your problem lies in this direction.
I have no trouble at all with Movie Maker, perhaps someone can suggest a repair for Movie maker.
I can only think of a system file scan.

Pamy 17:42 09 Mar 09

How about a re- install? I think it is available free from Microsoft

project 90 17:48 09 Mar 09

i just reinstalled the whole of windows after christmas. i will be looking through windows site after to see if anything can be downloaded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced