oh what have i done !

poshman31 14:59 27 Nov 09

hi helpers, well ive messed up, ive been deleting stuff off hard drive to create more space, and now when i switch on pc it tells me to put in user and password to log on( it never used to before ) anyway i definatley put the right ones in but it says its wrong.
I can get the desktop up in a roundabout way and there are a few icons there but when i click on any they say either
appplication configuration is incorrect or you dont not have sufficient security priviledge to..
i can get an internet explorer page up but then a message says microsoft has detected a problem etc

ive phone orange and after a long conversation they tell me its a microsoft problem and get in touch with a technician ?

any technicians here please ! thanks P M

User-1229748 14:59 27 Nov 09

try a system restore

poshman31 15:03 27 Nov 09

nothing works ive tried everything in "all progammes" ive got windows xp btw

donki 15:20 27 Nov 09

Have you got a recovery disk at all? It seems you may have deleted a few ststem files on your pre-spring clean.

I hate that feelign thou, when one minute your computing world is fine then all of a sudden with a few clicks its all gone to pot.

poshman31 15:36 27 Nov 09

thanks for your prompt replies, no aint got a recovery disk, so its off to pc world then ? cheers P M

Graham. 15:38 27 Nov 09

Can you start in Safe Mode by tapping F8 during boot?

User-1229748 15:38 27 Nov 09

have you tried safe mode and system restore?

M1kee 15:40 27 Nov 09

Start the computer in SAFE mode and then do a System Restore.

provider 2 15:45 27 Nov 09

Have you tried pressing F8 repeatedly during start-up, then "Last known good configuration?"

poshman31 15:45 27 Nov 09

I am guilty of pressing all kinds of buttons not knowing what im letting myself in for anyway once sorted will keep well away! ok im sure I tried that but will try when i go home thanks again all

poshman31 15:46 27 Nov 09

oh yeh tried last good con.. but that didnt work either

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…