Oh please help system partitions are insane!!!

Internetwhizzkid 15:32 03 Jun 07

Hi,

I have several partitions on my computer hard drive onw is 49GB the other 20Gb. It used to be 1 69GB now since i shrinked it I cant seem to get them back to 69 and every time i try to merge in acronis disk director it doesnt work and everytime i delet one it will always come up with 2 unalllowcated spaces. I just want one unallocated spaces ( 69 GB)
and reinstall windows on that

Oh someone please help me because this is driving me insane and I am desperate to get it back.

Thanks
Ben

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:50 03 Jun 07

Use Fdisk click here

scroll down to deleteing multiple partitions

Internetwhizzkid 16:45 03 Jun 07

the drive isnt empty i have one extended and primary partition which i want to merge to make 69GB not the primary one as 49gb and the extended 25GB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:56 03 Jun 07

I warned you in your other thread on the same subject what would happen click here

If you don't want to lose yor windows partition and Acronis is not working then you are going to have to put up with two partitions, one with windows and formt the other to regain the space on the drive.

Or use Fdisk to wipe ALL the partitions and reinstall windows.

Internetwhizzkid 17:08 03 Jun 07

it doesnt matter to be i just want 1 69gb partition files do not matter to me as there is none that im keeping it doesnt matter to me if i lost all data just as long as i could reinstall windows vista on a 69GB partition

Thanks
Ben

Meshuga 18:12 03 Jun 07

Internetwhizkid, rather an unfortunate choice of username!! I think you are being rather unreasonable in your attitude towards people who have gone out of their way to help you, yet you choose to ignore their advice. Fruit Bat is very knowledgeable so I suggest you listen to advice when given.

Joe R 18:21 03 Jun 07

Internetwhizzkid,

you also sent me a private e-mail the other day, concerning the same problem in another posting.

You stated in your mail, that there is also a recovery partition on your drive, which you have not mentioned in this discussion.

Do you have a recovery cd for your o's.? If you do, the best thing to do is use the information that Fruit Bat /\0/\, gave to you, and fdisk your drive.

As an aside, I did not reply to your e-mail because I did not know you were sending one, and I think it is common courtesy to ask if it is OK to do so.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 03 Jun 07

DO NOT FDISK the drive if it has a recovery partition

You will not get your VISTA back.

Try just running the recovery software and see what options it gives you.

Internetwhizzkid 20:18 03 Jun 07

Hi,

Sorry but there is a misunderstanding, the recovery is only a ghost image of xp that doesnt work i went and brought vista seperatly so all i have to do is install it. and i dont think i will be able to use f disk as i do not have a floppy drive

Joe R 20:30 03 Jun 07

Internetwhizzkid,

in that case change your boot system to cd, and boot from the vista disc, then delete and format as one from the disc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…