Oh no! Need help - now the printer is missing!

Stressed Mum 18:55 09 Nov 09

I truely can't believe this. Back on my desktop Dell Dimension 5150. Windows XP SP3. I have had no end of problems - first with AVG - got that sorted so I thought - then downloaded Office 2007 replacing 2003. Sorted all sorts of problems out with settings etc - and now - just gone to print something and cannot find a printer. In control panel there isn't one - nor is there any network connections!! (Can get access though) I also tried to restore a few days back - but all restore points disappeared after installing 2007. what am I to do?

Quiller. 19:16 09 Nov 09

If it is not showing in control panel > printers and faxes. Reinstall the printer software.

Stressed Mum 19:29 09 Nov 09

ok - I'll have to search for it - also what about other things that have mysteriously vanished - the local networks and internet icons etc - where have they gone?

Stressed Mum 19:30 09 Nov 09

scanner gone too - this must be a setting tht I have changed surely?

Quiller. 19:34 09 Nov 09

Is it a MFD i.e. printer/scanner/copier?

If so, make and model number.

Stressed Mum 19:44 09 Nov 09

Not sure what MFD is - but I have just been into services and enable/restarted printer poll and Network connections and they have reappeared. Can't find the scanner yet..

Stressed Mum 19:44 09 Nov 09

Not sure what MFD is - but I have just been into services and enable/restarted printer poll and Network connections and they have reappeared. Can't find the scanner yet..

Quiller. 19:47 09 Nov 09

Multi Functional Device =

printer, scanner and copier all in one.

Stressed Mum 19:51 09 Nov 09

Feeling really bothered by all this. the PC is extremely slow again - even though I have gone back to AVG 8.5. Will running a scannow help?

Stressed Mum 20:15 09 Nov 09

I am getting somewhere - but can't restart the webcam or scanner as I can't identify them in services. Does anyone know hat's what in there? I have lots listed as disabled and manual and automatic.

compumac 20:23 09 Nov 09

Your problem seems to stem from when you downloaded Office 2007. Where did you download Office 2007 from? Is it a suspect site?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now