Oh Man!! Youtube help

Kev.Ifty 13:22 10 Feb 11

Need some advice please. I made a video on the new camera of my son and posted it to youtube. I deleted it off the memory card and thought 'no probs' it's saved on my hard drive....
Now I can't find the saved file.
Can I record the video from youtube so that I can save it and put in on CD or DVD for his Nan to watch?
If so, how?

Cheers Kev

badhair1963 13:37 10 Feb 11

Try this: click here

Kev.Ifty 13:45 10 Feb 11

Cheers badhair1963 Thanks for that link. Have you tried that program mate?
Sorry but I am just a little bit nervous of downloading something that can cause me problems later on.
Thanks for your help.

badhair1963 13:58 10 Feb 11

Yes, I've got it installed at the moment and it works perfectly. Just install it and navigate to the video. You should be prompted to download it. Make sure you rename the downloaded file from whatever it's called on Youtube to something more memorable so that you don't lose it (again).

Im a diddy 14:00 10 Feb 11

If you use firefox you could use this addon
click here

Kev.Ifty 14:14 10 Feb 11

Thanks badhair1963 I shall try it.

Im a diddy I am not using Firefox. I use IE.
Thanks for your response.

BRYNIT 14:39 10 Feb 11

You could try YouTube Downloader click here I've used this to download CS5 tutorials.

Bapou 17:56 10 Feb 11

Another alternative - aTube Catcher click here

I found it much better than YouTube Downloader. More options to convert to and will automatically convert to the format you choose.

Jwbjnwolf 18:30 10 Feb 11

click here
this will do the job
copy and paste the url address of the youtube video that was uploaded from you into the atube catcher address bar and select where you wanna save it to and what format and click download. It will do every thing for you. If it is hd video, you can tell it to download hd version of it.
If you select mp3/ogg/wav/wma, etc formats, it will appear just as sound, so if it is music you want, it is excellent free way of downloading music legally.

Jwbjnwolf 18:34 10 Feb 11

soz, didnt see your post

Atube catcher is brilliant.
9.9 out of 10.
it is also a converter so if you are stuck with a file that will not play on your pc or media player etc then just convert it.
You can also download from other sites as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…