Offline Webpages

poogles_uk 08:27 02 Aug 04

If in my favourites list i make a webpage avaliable offline, and then syncronise it, how can i move the pages to another computer for viewing? I.e. what would i have to copy/where would it be saved?

xania 09:03 02 Aug 04

One way would be to simply save the page to floppy disc. Alternatively, create a new folder and save the page to that. You will find that the copy will set up a page icon and a folder with the same name. To view the page, click the icon - that will then draw its data from the folder.

poogles_uk 10:24 02 Aug 04

Yes, i know that. Its just with pages with loads of page i want to save, not just the one page. I.e. like a forum or something?

Chegs ® 11:43 02 Aug 04

File/Save as... from the dropdown list save as type=Web Archive.This saves the whole page(links and all)allowing you to edit/send a complete page.

poogles_uk 11:51 02 Aug 04

Ok ta, does this do multiple links deep like with syncronising? Or just that page and any links from that?

poogles_uk 11:54 02 Aug 04

click here

Im trying to do it with, but when i do this on the homepage, it only does the homepage

poogles_uk 11:55 02 Aug 04

And the same with google, all the lins go to the acutal site not the saved one.

Chegs ® 11:56 02 Aug 04

From Langalist "And for standard Windows installations, with IE and Outlook Express installed, there's a "save as type... *.mht" option in IE's "File/Save As" menu that also provides copies of web pages with everything (graphics, links, everything) all in one file."

poogles_uk 12:02 02 Aug 04

I want to do it like with syncronisation where it saves all the links on a page, and then links on the next page. Where are the synchronised files saved to?

Chegs ® 12:12 02 Aug 04

click here

In this screenshot,you can see that its updating the clicked links from file(according to the bottom of the pic)but I actually think it was updating from the site(as it only took ms to d/l the whole site with "save as...mht"selected)

poogles_uk 12:32 02 Aug 04

Hmm, you may be correct, ill have to try a machine not on the internet as i can't disconnect this one as im downloading linux iso's.

Will come back with an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…