Offline Webpages

poogles_uk 08:27 02 Aug 04

If in my favourites list i make a webpage avaliable offline, and then syncronise it, how can i move the pages to another computer for viewing? I.e. what would i have to copy/where would it be saved?

xania 09:03 02 Aug 04

One way would be to simply save the page to floppy disc. Alternatively, create a new folder and save the page to that. You will find that the copy will set up a page icon and a folder with the same name. To view the page, click the icon - that will then draw its data from the folder.

poogles_uk 10:24 02 Aug 04

Yes, i know that. Its just with pages with loads of page i want to save, not just the one page. I.e. like a forum or something?

Chegs ® 11:43 02 Aug 04

File/Save as... from the dropdown list save as type=Web Archive.This saves the whole page(links and all)allowing you to edit/send a complete page.

poogles_uk 11:51 02 Aug 04

Ok ta, does this do multiple links deep like with syncronising? Or just that page and any links from that?

poogles_uk 11:54 02 Aug 04

click here

Im trying to do it with, but when i do this on the homepage, it only does the homepage

poogles_uk 11:55 02 Aug 04

And the same with google, all the lins go to the acutal site not the saved one.

Chegs ® 11:56 02 Aug 04

From Langalist "And for standard Windows installations, with IE and Outlook Express installed, there's a "save as type... *.mht" option in IE's "File/Save As" menu that also provides copies of web pages with everything (graphics, links, everything) all in one file."

poogles_uk 12:02 02 Aug 04

I want to do it like with syncronisation where it saves all the links on a page, and then links on the next page. Where are the synchronised files saved to?

Chegs ® 12:12 02 Aug 04

click here

In this screenshot,you can see that its updating the clicked links from file(according to the bottom of the pic)but I actually think it was updating from the site(as it only took ms to d/l the whole site with "save as...mht"selected)

poogles_uk 12:32 02 Aug 04

Hmm, you may be correct, ill have to try a machine not on the internet as i can't disconnect this one as im downloading linux iso's.

Will come back with an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos