Offline Printer - printer won't print.

machow 18:45 05 Feb 05

I have recently bought a new printer -Canon Pixma 4000. I have installed all the drivers etc and the printer will work fine untill the next time I use it.

I turn the PC and Printer on, go to print something, but a status pop up states 'printer is offline'. I deselect 'Use printer offline' but the printer will not work.

Only way I can get it to then work is by reinstalling the software.
I use a Windows XP os.
I have tried it on another PC and it works with no problems.
thanks in advance for any help.

FelixTCat 19:15 05 Feb 05

Go to Canon's website and look for newer drivers. If there are any, download and install them.

JIM 19:20 05 Feb 05

Not acquainted with your printer. Have you checked in the print manager and uncheck offline if that is included within your software settings at all.

machow 19:24 05 Feb 05

Hi, thanks for quick responses.

I have unchecked the 'Offline' box, but this actually seems to make problem worse.

Will check for newer drivers, but only bought the printer 2 weeks ago.....

Paul M 19:29 05 Feb 05

Maybe you could try making a note of all the settings when you have installed the printer and then checking that they are the same next time you use it.

FelixTCat 19:33 05 Feb 05

You often find that the drivers included with a product have been superceded, usually because a problem has been found. The driver disks could have been pressed long before your individual printer was manufactured, let alone sold.

JIM 19:39 05 Feb 05

Nothing wrong in going for new drivers though i agree that what you have, should work.

Have you made sure you have followed the installation instructions fully before you connected your printer,and rebooted. May be worth a check and uninstall all again and cleanup before reinstall - - ?

Every thing is showing up in the divice manager without any conflicts including the USB Controllers etc.Are you running a networking system? Printer showing in the control panel etc.

The above is not to teach/ask you to suck eggs :) but there must be something pretty simple that is being overlooked here.

machow 00:34 06 Feb 05

Going to go through all the settings today to check if anything is incorrect.

have had to uninstall the software and re-install when I want to use the printer which is a pain. Its odd but last printer (a lexmark) I had wouldnt work either. Thats reason for buying the new one.

Going to check over everything you have all suggested and see if I can resolve the i'll let you know how I get on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…