Offline papers

spikeychris 13:02 03 Jun 05

I’m having problems with M$ Front page 2K3. I’m working on a paper that has to be linked to other papers in the form of a webpage [offline] When I view the results at home it works fine but when I mail it and read it at work there are no pictures attached. The images are not hosted, they are just part of the paper, what am I doing wrong?

Chris

powerless 20:19 03 Jun 05

You're not sending the pictures.

spikeychris 20:28 03 Jun 05

Wanna bet.

spikeychris 21:01 03 Jun 05

Thats the thing - I have attached all the images and they should display. I can't use a CD its got to be in file format via email.

Forum Editor 22:43 03 Jun 05

is on the right track here Chris.

If I read you right you've created a page, or series of pages in FrontPage and saved them to your hard drive? FP would want to save the pages as a web, and would create an images folder by default.

When you view the pages at home, the images are called from your hard drive, and when you send the pages by email you'll be trying to do the same thing at the other end, except there will be no images folder for the images to be called from. The image placeholders will be there, but there'll be nothing to display.

I may have misunderstood what you're trying to do of course.

spikeychris 18:59 04 Jun 05

Fixed. Re-created the directory and bingo. Thanks for the help.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009