Offline files - access denied

Granger 22:39 21 Nov 03

I've searched the MSKB and used Google, but can't get to the bottom of this. I'm trying to use offline files, and synchronised my whole My Documents folder from the desktop PC. But there are a few PDF files that aren't available when I disable the connection. Outlook files also won't copy over. Most PDF files have gone over okay, so only PDF and PST files are causing trouble.

I've tried disabling simple file sharing and fiddling with permissions, but I don't really know what I'm doing in that area. I'm not using encryption, and I haven't changed permissions from default.

Since I've fiddled about, I no longer get the error reports during synchronisation, but the files still aren't available offline.

Any ideas?

XP Pro SP1 fully updated on all machines on a peer-to-peer 802.11b home workgroup, which otherwise seems to work fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…