officexp tries to open floppy every time i start

keith-236785 09:13 02 Jan 05

Hi all

i know this has been addressed before but i cannot find it in the search, a couple of days ago i read a word file from a floppy disk into office xp pro (word).

Now every time i start word, it tries to access the floppy drive. this is an annoyance rather than a problem but it is annoying.

any help on how to stop this would be most welcome

€dstowe 09:28 02 Jan 05

Try putting a floppy in the drive and then opening Word. What it's probably doing is trying to continue a job that you didn't let it finish. Putting a disc in may allow it to do this.

Forum Editor 09:30 02 Jan 05

open the document in Word, and then save it to your hard drive. For extra assurance, open the freshly-saved hard drive copy and close it again.

Remove the floppy from the drive and restart the computer - you won't get the floppy drive seek and more.

keith-236785 09:34 02 Jan 05

Thanks to both of you, i put a floppy in the drive, started office, it tried to read the floppy....went to file/open and pointed to floppy, then file/open and pointed to My Documents on my hard drive. Now i no longer have the problem.

thank you and happy new year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…