officeconnect adsl wireless 11g

carlnorthwich 21:09 28 Jan 06

Hi i just got my router modem installed it all set it all up eventually got it to connect to the internet and now after 7hours of doing this i cannt access anything on the net i phoned my isp they gave me an ip of there site and another and it connects what have i done wrong or missed for it not to connect to the www pages or my msn or yahoo thanks

carl

mgmcc 23:35 28 Jan 06

If your ISP gave you two "IP" addresses, these will almost certainly be their DNS Server Addresses. They go in the TCP/IP settings for your connection to the router - click here

carlnorthwich 18:50 29 Jan 06

no they were for there home site tiscali and google i have now got the thing connected and now installed the wireless usb adapter on the laptop it connects to the router fine but i cant get on the net on the laptop i get search page cant b opened etc where have i gone wrong

mgmcc 08:28 30 Jan 06

Have you actually "Connected" to the wireless network? In other words, have you run the wireless adapter's software, scanned for "Available Wireless Networks", found and highlighted the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and selected the option to "Connect" to it? Once "connected", the little icon will get its "halo" to indicate it is connected to that network and it should then get its correct IP address by DHCP from the router.

What is the IP address of the USB wireless adapter?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017