Office97 fails to setup properly

Observer 21:16 22 Dec 05

I am the legal owner of Office Professional 4 and an Office 97 upgrade. I later bought an official download to lift the 97 to Office 2003. I failed to save the 2003 program on a CD (Shame & confusion) I made it a practice to back up the whole C drive onto a compact minidisk using Dos.
Due to slow performance my hardware supplier suggested I reformat the C drive and reload the Programs and files - not to use Dos but "File settings and Transfer Wizard". I was impressed that the contents of the minidisk only amounted to 1.8 gigabytes only to realise after he had done the reformat that I had to reload all the programs.
UNFORTUNATELY (!) I find that after reloading the Office Pro 4 and then running the Office 97 upgrade the latter will not conclude satisfactorily because "htmlmarq.ocx was unable to register itself in the system registry".
As a result I cannot get into any of some of my serious Access files *.mdb and am facing the need to do so. Word and Excel work well.
I would like to hear from anyone who knows the cheapest route to getting even Office 97 installed properly or alternative routes to freedom.

VoG II 21:24 22 Dec 05

Run this click here then reinstall Office 97.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:34 22 Dec 05

Re: Office 97 does not install on XPSP2 system

Open regedit and browse to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

You should see htmlmarq.ocx and htmlmm.ocx separate keys. Rename them to something else, ie. htmlmarq.tmp and htmlmm.tmp.

You will now be able to install Office 97, including the HTML option, without incident.

MS update for htmlmarq.ocx click here+

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…