office1.cab corrupt - a solution that works

Widows Son 21:36 14 Oct 03

or at least it did for me! Some poor unfortunates out there are trying to install office 2000/xp onto xp PCs are getting a office1.cab error. The Microsoft work arounds from the Knowledge section don't always work - this did

I finally got around the issue by setting my CD-ROM drive to PIO (Programmed IO) rather than DMA (Dynamic Memory Access) and the problem went away. You do pay a CD-ROM performance penalty since PIO is slower than DMA. Instructions: Bring up the control panel. Click ?Performance and Maintenance?. Click ?System?. Click the ?Hardware? tab. Click the ?Device Manager? button. Expand the IDE entry (note, the text may vary depending upon your hardware). Your CD drive is probably on the secondary IDE channel. Double click the entry. Click the ?Advanced Settings? tab. If there is a drop down list for ?Transfer Mode?, set it to PIO.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…