office xp and vista

patso 23:57 13 Oct 09

first can i install office xp on a vista laptop as my free trial for 2007 has run out and i uninstalled it.if so what about all the security updates for office 2007 that keep coming up for windows update.do you need these if you have office xp installed? any ideas please.

Ex plorer 00:43 14 Oct 09

Hi I am running office 97 on Vista Home Premium and it works fine.

Strawballs 04:06 14 Oct 09

Install office XP and then download the ofice compatibility update from microsoft then it will work if you get sent documents made with 2007, that is what I have on my vista laptop.

ambra4 04:13 14 Oct 09

“What about all the security updates for office 2007 that keep coming up”

The reason that Office 2007 updates keep coming up is that not all the registry setting was

removed

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs use this program

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

“Can I install office XP on a vista laptop”

Yes all Microsoft Office programs can be install on Vista & Windows 7 when released

patso 13:45 14 Oct 09

thanks for all the replies,i will use office xp for the moment soo,found this site for buying office 2007 cheap,anyone know if its legit or bought fron it before,software4students.co.uk,it seems to be cheaper tham ms but says they are affiliated with them,
,many thanks again
Patso

Ford Prefect 01 13:58 14 Oct 09

Software4Students are legit. I bought Office 2007 earlier this year. Took about a week to come through. All updates and validations perfectly ok.

patso 18:41 14 Oct 09

thanks ford prefect 1 for the info.tried what you said strawballs.got the compatibility update but is telling me there is another version of office on my pc when i try to install.got revo and uninstalled.the free office vista key prog is still on pc but not showing up in add remove or revo ?any ideas its giving message with red x another version of this prog is installed use add remove to uninstall it?thanks again

ambra4 13:13 15 Oct 09

See if this program will remove the office trial vision

click here

patso 13:29 15 Oct 09

thanks ambra4 and all who helped,will post back to close topic,cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…