Office XP SP-1 Update won't install

Chegs ® 11:41 19 Dec 03

Just loaded Office XP onto my puter,visited Office Updates and it said I needed SP-1,d/l'ed it and it just keeps saying it hasn't installed.There is no error message,I have tried several times but it simply refuses to install.

madPentium 12:50 19 Dec 03

has it been activated?
I have only known this to happen with copied software

Chegs ® 12:56 19 Dec 03

I only activated it after trying the update site(as it refused to install,so I activated it to see if it made a difference)I have just set off the d/l of SP-1(17mbs)which once complete,I will try running that.If it still refuses to install,then I will remove Office,and try reinstalling it,then try the patches site again.

Chegs ® 13:00 19 Dec 03

Now I'm getting an error message,I will hopefully be able to sort it,thanks for the input.

Chegs ® 13:09 19 Dec 03

To resolve this problem and install SP-1, you must purchase a retail edition of Microsoft Office XP (which displays an Office hologram). Only a retail version of Office XP can be updated. Beta or unreleased versions cannot be updated to SP-1.

You were right,its a copy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…