Office XP Shortcut

phil.smith 09:33 26 Nov 03

I am using Office XP. When I go to office tools to put on Office shortcut it isn't showing. Where can I get it from?

smegs 10:29 26 Nov 03

It sounds to me that U have a copy of Office Xp, If U have U will stoggle. If U have a proper disk, then I think U need to set it up as U install Office XP.

phil.smith 10:33 26 Nov 03

This is a bona fide disc of Office XP not a copy - I've even tried detect and repair.

smegs 00:40 27 Nov 03

I didn't mean anything by what I said Phil. Uninstall Office and reinstall. If I install Office 97' I have the choice of having the tool bar or not on installation. I now have Office Xp, and I haven't got that choice as what I said earlier. Unless someone else comes up with something that is.

smegs 00:48 27 Nov 03

Right, don't know if this is the sort of thing Ur looking for Phil, Open Word, goto Tools, goto Customize and click. U will get a screen come up and U have Tool Bars there.

Djohn 00:49 27 Nov 03

Are you looking from, Start/All programs/Office tools, then at the menu that is shown, it should be there by default install. j.

phil.smith 10:10 27 Nov 03

Djohn
I have checked where you say but it is not in the list - I know it should be there though. If I reinstall Office xp will I have to activate it again?

phil.smith 10:13 27 Nov 03

Thanks for the help - I know you weren't inferring anything

As smegs said, U will stoggle.

phil.smith 10:20 27 Nov 03

Stoggle???

Djohn 11:22 27 Nov 03

Try a repair. Go into control panel/add/remove programs, then click on remove office, it will then give you the option to remove, repair, or add applications.

With a bit of luck you may be able to just add the toolbar from there, if not run the repair facility. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…