Office XP and Service Pack 1 - problems

LJM 21:16 23 Feb 03

I have tried to install Service Pack 1 for MS Office XP Professional, but I have xperienced a problem and get an error message, which is:

Error 1311: Source file not found: D:\Office1.cab. Verify that file exists and that you can access it.

I tried to install Office Service Pack 1 from a CD direct from Microsoft. When I first tried it got to a certain point and asked me to insert the Office CD and this I did and shortly afterwards the error message came. It asked me to retry or fail and I retried with no success. So I failed the installation. Thinking there may be a problem with the Office installation itself, I the tried to repair Office from Control Panel and again it asked for the Office CD and again the error message came up. I tried to restore the PC to an earlier time to see if that cured the problem, but no it did not. I did this twice in fact. I then tried to uninstall Office and then re-install it, but it would not re-install as the same error message came up. Finally, I have re-installed Windows XP Home, and even that has not done the trick.

I now have substantial amounts of work that I am unable to access. As a a matter of interest I have Office 2000 as well and tried to install that and got exactly the same message. I can find the file (Office1.cab) on the CD, no problem. Any ideas, please?

Lozzy 21:32 23 Feb 03

try this click here also if you do a search on PCA there are many threads on the topic

LJM 12:02 24 Feb 03

Thanks for the info'. Will try this later.

Forgot to mention that the CD will not Autorun and neither will any other that I try to run. I know this is probably very simple, but how do you activate Autorun? Thanks

Lozzy 12:19 24 Feb 03

check your BIOS settings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…