Office xp printing problem

phil.smith 20:45 10 Feb 04

I have modified a document in word and although it is showing on the page in print layout, when I go to print preview there is nothing ther and it prints a balnk page

What have I done to change the settings for printing Help please!!

Phil

Djohn 21:03 10 Feb 04

Click on the "Start" button lower left of windows screen, look to the pane on the right and you will see a button for "Printers/Faxes.

Left click on that and a window will open showing your printer or printers. Make sure the printer you are using as the "Default" tick on it. j.

phil.smith 22:01 10 Feb 04

DJohn

The default is the correct printer and it is recognised

The page goes through to the printer but the printer sends out a blank sheet although in the print layout the document is showing as ok - in print preview it only shows a blank

BRYNIT 22:06 10 Feb 04

Try tools, options, Print and check that you have drawing objects ticked.

Indigo 1 22:18 10 Feb 04

Most printers have a self test facility accessible through the printer software also the first time the printer is installed in XP and recognised you get the option to print a test page. Try uninstalling it and then re-install.

phil.smith 09:15 11 Feb 04

I know that the printer is connected and working because it has printed other documents

I'll try the suggestion from BRYNIT tonight

Thanks

Phil

phil.smith 09:22 13 Feb 04

Solved with your help - many thanks

Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…