Office XP / Office 11 (2003 Beta)

Hi all,

I have been using Office 2003 (Beta) for a while now and it is simply fantastic.

However, I have a small problem that I am sure you will be able to sort out for me...

In Office XP I seem to remember that you had the option to create a backup copy of any office document. You still have the function in 2003 but my question is this; How can I force the backup copy to be stored in the folder of my choice?

For example, backup copies are normally stored in the same folder as the original, grat if the disk goes down or the folder is deleted! I wish to force the backup copy to be stored in a folder on a seperate disk.

Any ideas as the menus dont allow a "browse to" option as the store folder.

Anyone out there....?

-pops- 06:41 10 Jul 03

I've never used the facility in Office XP but, on checking, I don't see an option to choose where the backup copy should go.

My backups always go to a separate disk, I can never see the point of storing them on the item that is most likely to go wrong (the hard drive!!).

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…