Office XP email Mail Merge Help Plz

MoggieX 11:31 07 Nov 03

Hi all,

I'm using office XP (inc outlook XP, on a win XP m/c) to send emails to a filtered set of receipents, from an excel speedsheet.

When you complete the merge, you are presented with two options HTML and plain text formats, not to make sure that every email I send is readable by the receipent, I send them using plain text, but I keep getting a dialog box asking:

'A program is trying to automatically sende-mail on your behalf.
Do you want to allow this?
If unexpected, it may be a virus and you should select no'

You then can enable access for 1,2,5 and 10 minutes. and you have to wait 5seconds between each one befroe ot will allow you to say YES send the email, which when sending 30-50 emails is very frustrating as you can imagine.

There is a help button which says the following:

'A program is trying to send mail using Item.Send
A program is trying to automatically send e-mail using a Microsoft Outlook Visual Basic Application command, Item.Send. If you want this program to send this e-mail, click Yes. To stop the program, click No. If you are unsure which program is sending the e-mail or why, you may want to click No to avoid any possible spread of viruses.

Note When this message is displayed, the Yes button is not available for 5 seconds.'

I'm guessing this is an inbuilt safety/security precaution of XP outlook, but I'm wasting so much time waiting each time between each period as I end up doing something else.

There must be a way of turning it off, but I can find it anywhere in options etc....

Any suggestions would be gratefully received or an idea of a different program that can merge data from a excel spreedsheet to a custom email and send it in plain text.

The above problem does happen if I select HTML format, but I don't want to send emails in this format.

Thanks in advance :-)

Jester2K II 12:11 07 Nov 03
  Jester2K II 12:11 07 Nov 03

Sorry meant to add.

You can't turn this oof in Outlook XP but this program click here will hit the Yes button for you!

MoggieX 17:44 07 Nov 03

Hi Jester2K II,

Fantastic, 64 emails in Hmmmm..... 30 seconds!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…