//some 3rd party need geo

office XP

wobbler 22:20 18 Jul 03

I am having all sorts of niggling problems with Office XP running on Windows XP Pro. I ran the Detect & Repair from the help menu within Office and that failed. So I tried tht repair option on the CD, That failed. Si I tried to uninstall Office both from the Cd and using add/remove programmes in control panel and that failed. In short I can do nothing with Office. Any Ideas?

wee eddie 22:23 18 Jul 03

Did you upgrade from a previous version of Office, or was it a clean install on a new PC?

wobbler 22:26 18 Jul 03

It has been working fine for months, but now when a document is opened the fonts are corrupt and the layout is distorted. This changes for each document in word. It was a clean install originally.

wee eddie 22:50 18 Jul 03

It's just a possibility that you've caught a cold!

Steven135 23:05 18 Jul 03

You could try posting on the microsoft office newsgroup: msnews.microsoft.com

microsoft.public.office.setup

jazzypop 02:19 19 Jul 03

Search for all copies of normal.dot, and delete them all (or simply rename them to something like normal.old).

Reboot, and a new normal.dot will be created next time you start Word. You will need to re-apply any customisations you have made to your button bars and standard start-up template.

wobbler 15:22 19 Jul 03

Did that and still get the same response. When I try to uninstall/add/remove Office XP, the program starts then returns to the desktop with all office windows closed down.

-pops- 15:24 19 Jul 03

Have you tried the newsgroup suggested by Steven135?

jazzypop 16:25 19 Jul 03

It may be an installer version problem - check the links in my posting to this thread - click here

wobbler 17:32 19 Jul 03

Tried all of the above and still no good. waiting for a reply in the Office Newsgroup!!Would it help if I deleted the office XP folder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…