Office XP

MICKY BOY 11:38 18 Feb 07

Hi All,

This was posted some time ago, but would like some advice about Office XP for student and teachers. I have it running on my computer at home and I am thinking of buying a laptop.
Can I install my Office XP on my laptop? As I would like to use the same software to transfer files from one to the other.

If both computers are mine is this legal under Microsoft’s rules or can I apply to Microsoft for a second license.
I cannot find any license rules for this software on Microsoft sites.

Mick

SANTOS7 11:52 18 Feb 07

It will be in the EULA aggreement, as you don't really buy the software but the licence to run it you will need to obtain another licence to run it on another PC...

VoG II 11:56 18 Feb 07

I bought a Retail Copy of Office and installed it on my PC. Can I install it on my laptop, too?
Yes. You can install Office on your laptop as long as you are the exclusive user of the laptop. This means that you can install it on your laptop, but not your wife's laptop. It is important to understand that the EULA allows you to install the second copy of Office on a portable device like a laptop, not just some any other PC. In summary, you can install a retail copy on your desktop PC and your laptop. It does not mean that you can install it on two desktop PCs. You don't have the right to install it on two PCs. You have the right to install it on one desktop PC and one of your own laptops. Any other combination is not allowed.

click here

SANTOS7 12:06 18 Feb 07

I saw this link first VoG™ and was a little puzzled by "these questions and answers apply to United States versions of Office".

Do the statements still apply..

MICKY BOY 12:14 18 Feb 07

VoG™
Thanks that has answered my question.
I can use it on my Laptop.

Mick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…