Office toolbar

fredyflame 23:09 02 Dec 03

Can someone tell me how to get my office toolbar just to show the buttons and no window on the desktop
I used to have just a neat row of buttons.
I used to get this by simply moving the office toolbar window to a corner but I have just got a new computer and it will not work.
It either puts a bar the whole width or length of the desktop or remains in a window with a minimised icon on the task bar.

please help

smegs 23:19 02 Dec 03

Do U mean, In word, goto the top of the page, say next to help, right cick the mouse button. U will then get a choice of tool bar U want.

smegs 23:35 02 Dec 03

click here Try this, it may help.

VoG II 23:36 02 Dec 03

I think that's what it does in modern versions of Office.

In the olden days (like Word 6) you would have a "floating toolbar" that did not move. We've moved on since then and an Office toolbar takes up a whole side of your desktop. I have mine turned off, for obvious reasons.

smegs 23:37 02 Dec 03

Which Office R U using??

VoG II 23:47 02 Dec 03

via e-mail

I had it working in xp pro on previous computer

==================================

Was it the same version of Office.

Please don't email me; just respond to this thread. Thank you.

fredyflame 23:53 02 Dec 03

yes 2000

sorry for mail
will get the hang eventually

smegs 01:07 03 Dec 03

fredyflame. Check Ur email.

Jester2K II 08:06 03 Dec 03

Why can't the answer be posted here for all to see?

smegs 10:51 03 Dec 03

Jester2K II. I just sent an email saying, put the Office cd in, go as if to do a install, when the Office setup window comes up, goto ADD/REMOVE FEATURES. Go down to Office tool bar, click on the + sign, go down to Office shortcut box, make sure there isn't a red X in the box. Click the box and click on Run from my computer. Sorry to have upset you. Shaun.

Jester2K II 10:52 03 Dec 03

You've not - just didn't see why it couldn't be posted here! After all someone might be helped by this thread so why not share?!

;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5