Office- saved tables corrupt

Spud 18:03 11 Feb 05

All my saved Word files that contain tables have suddenly become unstructured and the table contents are displayed as text. Trying to use the "Convert" has not returned them to correct tabular form.
Any ideas how this can happen and how to prevent it, please?

regards,

John

Spud 12:58 14 Feb 05

Re-installing Office has not cured this problem. I have found that the tables display correctly in "Open Office" so the files themselves are not corrupted, only Word's way of displaying them. I can find nothing in options that could account for this.

Any advice gratefully received.
Spud

Diemmess 15:55 14 Feb 05

A fix which may/may-not work, but at least will not make things worse.

Close down Word. Search for Word's normal.dot and delete it! Then next time you open Word the app. will make itself a brand new copy of normal.dot and your troubles will (I hope) vanish.

(Re-installing the application doesn't always overwrite the corrupt files in a previous life.)

Peter 17:26 14 Feb 05

Have you inadvertantly switched off the table gridlines? Open the problem document and click within where the table should be and then pull down the Table menu and click the Hide Gridlines option.

Peter.

Spud 00:01 15 Feb 05

Thanks for the ideas, Peter and Diemmess, sorry to say neither worked.
Spud

FelixTCat 09:41 15 Feb 05

Open the files in Open Office and resave them with new names. Are they still distorted in Word?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…