Office Outlook 2007 exporting setting etc

FatboySlim71 12:59 07 Feb 08

I am shortly going to be getting a new PC, and I was wanting to know if it is possible to transfer my various settings such as, contacts- list/address book, email account details, emails, and any other setting that Office Outlook 2007 uses, so that when I re install it on my new PC, I just then have to copy these settings back into the Outlook 2007 folder (or the appropriate place) and then everything will be identical to how it was on my old PC. Thanks

rawprawn 13:44 07 Feb 08

Outlook Backup click here will save all your messages and contacts as a .pst file which you can import into 2007. I am not sure about all your settings.

AlanHo 16:49 07 Feb 08

Acronis will back up all your Outlook 2007 files and settings - provided you use version 11 with the latest software update.

If you are getting a new PC - Acronis would be a good way of transferring all your other data anyway.

FatboySlim71 19:06 07 Feb 08

Thanks for the help guys its much appreciated, will the backing up with Acronis not work with Acronis 10?

AlanHo 10:18 08 Feb 08

I am not sure about all the limitations of Acronis 10. For sure it will do a full back up of your drives - but I am not sure that it will do a back up of just your Outlook 2007 settings.

If you were restoring a complete drive - all would be OK. However, I guess you will have a new operating system and will need to install all your software from scratch. In which case you need to restore your Outlook and Email settings separately.

I had problems with version 10 in this regard and upgraded to version 11 - which needed an update to build 8053 from the Acronis website before it would do all I needed.

FatboySlim71 11:15 08 Feb 08

I think I will upgrade to Acronis 11. I've used Acronis 10 for a while and I think its a fabulous program. I have also heard that version 10 can sometimes have problems when restoring a full image on a Vista operating system, so I think it best to upgrade to version 11 anyway. Thanks for the help everyone, its much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced