Office Outlook 2007

Migwell 18:48 PM 22 Nov 11

I have Office Outlook on both my computers at home. The first one works as expected, without any problems. The second one is a laptop and rigged up so my wife has her own email address on this one. The fault is that there only five days of emails visable after that they just go missing, WHY?

My wife is one of those who want's to keep emails for many months. Myself I just delete about once a month or so and mine are always there untill then.

Is there some setting I need to look at on the laptop.

Both using Win 7 home and Outlook 2007

BRYNIT 19:54 PM 22 Nov 11

It may have been set to Autoarchive or delete the files after 5 days.

Right click on inbox and select properties/AutoArchives, make sure you have not set it to Archive or delete the files.

Press Man 20:00 PM 22 Nov 11

Migwell,

Open Outlook click on tools, then options. Click on the tab that says 'Other', you should see the Auto Archive button, click on it and un-check all the boxes. Where it says "Move old items to:" take note where the folder is, something like this C:\Users\"your name"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\archive.pst. You may find the deleted emails there?

Migwell 10:01 AM 23 Nov 11

Tried both but after midnight it moved the 16th November files into: Search folders, Large mail, where all the other previous files have gone.

I would rather have them stay where the start off and that is in the IN BOX.

Is there anything I can do to stop the movement happening?

Thanks Migwell

Woolwell 10:33 AM 23 Nov 11

Messages are not stored in search folders. They have to be somewhere else.

I've not come across this problem before and will continue to see if there is setting that could cause this. Are any message rules running?

Woolwell 10:46 AM 23 Nov 11

Have you had a look at the ISP settings on webmail?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…