Office Connect wireless concurrent conections

DragonTamer 20:55 21 Feb 06

Hi, I have a 3CRWDR100A-72 3COM Office Connect ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router.

I had no problems setting it up. Wizard worked great. WEP / 128 BIT encryption wtc.... all working.

The problem I am having is that I can only connect 1 laptop at a time via Wireless. Each laptop works fine when connected separately but when you try to make a second connection the first connection is dropped.

Anyone had similar problems?

keewaa 21:34 21 Feb 06

Sounds like Bridge mode has been enabled ... protocol is usually PPPoA

DragonTamer 22:20 22 Feb 06

Keewaa, thanks for the reply, PPPoA is the protocol used. Can you explain further your comment about BRIDGE mode being enabled. Many thanks

keewaa 22:40 22 Feb 06

It's an option for the protocol used in the router settings, but if you have selected PPPoA then I was wrong. The manual said Bridge mode only allows one PC connection at a time.

keewaa 16:37 23 Feb 06

Are you on AOL as this might be why, other things to try are to disable the wireless security on both laptops and see if it is still a problem. Another thing to try, right click on wireless connection in network connections, disable, then use an ethernet cable for both laptops to the router and see if the problem also exists when wired.

DragonTamer 22:53 27 Feb 06

Keewaa many thanks for the help but have sorted it out. Hate to say this but it was down to a really dumb ass thing I did. The router supports up to 4 AP's, and can also support, like any other router MAC address filtering. Well I had put the MAC addresses I wanted to allow through the filter into the AP MAC address table. By removing these from the AP table and adding them into the correct list all is well. It was still a bizarre effect to have though. Sorry to have wasted you time, but thanks again. One embarised Dragon Tamer!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…