Office Assistant missing

JF25 16:39 01 Jan 08

I had to uninstall my Office 2003 Small business Edition after a hard disk failure and after reinstalling I find that the office assistant is missing. When I click on help I get a message "The office Assistant is not installed. If you would like to install it, run Office setup."
When I put the installation disk in the drive I get the following list of files on the disk
OWC10.MSI OWC11.MSI README.HTM. SETUPEXE SETUP.HTM STDP.11N.MSI. I have tried to run SETUP.EXE But this does not mention the office assistant. I would really like some advice on getting the office assistant back.
JF

PSF 16:53 01 Jan 08

You could try running Detect and Repair under the help menu.

If that fails run Windows Install Clean up Utility. click here This will remove the registry settings for office. you can then re-install Office this will replace any corrupt registry settings.
Back up any documents first just in case.

I had a similar problem after transferring Office to a new hard drive after a hard drive failure.

Forum Editor 16:53 01 Jan 08

of people who I have known to actually want the Office assistant - most people ask for ways to get rid of it.

To install unavailable features in Office 2003 you'll need to do this:

1. Quit all running programs.

2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

3. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, click Microsoft Office 2003, and then click Change.

4. In the Microsoft Office 2003 Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.

5. Click to select the check boxes of the components that you want to install.

6. Click to select the 'Choose advance customization of applications' check box, and then click Next.

7. Expand the product that you want to customize, click the icon to the left of the feature name, and then click the installation state that you want. For example, if you want to remove a feature, set it to 'Not Available'. To install a feature immediately, click 'Run from My Computer', or click 'Installed on First Use' if you want to install the feature when it is requested for the first time.

8. When you finish changing the installation states, click 'Update'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…