office assistant - memory

mrsh 17:56 21 Jul 07

I have just purchased a laptop and want to change the office assistant but I get the message not enough memory. Running Vista basic that came installed the cache memory is 1MB L2 hard drive is 80GB RAM is 1024 MB...hope this enough information. I have not installed any other programmes except AVG.

Thanks

mrsh 18:03 21 Jul 07

I want to have broadband, have dax box, BT have agreed to unsplit the line, this they say will take place at the exchange but do they have to come to the house to twiddle with the wires in the box, they say no but I am not sure. They will eventually come and take the box away, they have said they will notify me when this will happen. I have purchased all the stuff necessary to connect wirelessly. Maybe I am being paranoid but cant help thinking this will not go by without a hitch. I am going with a Tiscali package of calls free, line rental and broadband package of 8MB for £19.99 per month. Our calls are charged with Adept, do Tiscali notify all parties, sorry I am ignorant of all this, just need some simple, plain english advise, if I phone Tiscali I just get someone foreign who doen not understand what I amean. BE grateful for any advice. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…