Office 97 & Windows XP Home.

carper 10:13 10 Feb 04

I have just changed my computer which comes with XP Home and includes Works word processor. I have my old Office 97 disc. If I load this, does anyone know if there are any conflicts and has it worked satisfactorily.

Taff36 10:20 10 Feb 04

click here

Type Office 97 into the search box on this site and you`ll find several more.

carper 11:59 10 Feb 04

Thanks for the comments, but I got no search results when I tried entering Office 97. I have found this before when I have carried out a search. Anmyway it answers my question and I'll give it a go, I can always remove it again.
Thanks

Djohn 13:21 10 Feb 04

Office 97 will work fine with XP operating system. j.

keith mac 07:51 11 Feb 04

yep me too - never gave a thought to it not doing

By the way anyone, will Word 97 open Word 2000 files without needing a filter?

Taff36 08:50 11 Feb 04

We use Office 97 and Office XP Pro and have no problems sharing Excel and Word documents throughout the company. There is an issue with Publisher files but fortunately we don`t all use that.

keith mac 19:57 11 Feb 04

Thanks Taff - glad to hear this as a contact is burning me a CD with LOTS of mixed files. I'll tell him there's no need to try to convert to a single file format.

I don't use Publisher either - I'm not sufficiently creative to need it! And I've got PagePlus 8 if ever I should need to try DTP.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…