Office 97 on Win XP Home

Shanks 22:54 15 Apr 03

I have a brand new system with WinXP installed, I want to install my copy of Office 97 (as it was bought with my last machine which is now destroyed i don't figure Bill is going to be after me for more royalties!!)

But I can only find conflicting reports as to whether the two are compatible, some people are saying taht it wil cause real hassle and crashes, while others say it worked without a hitch.

Anyone here got any real experience of running the two together and what results they achieved.

TIA

jazzypop 00:07 16 Apr 03

I ran Office 97 on XP without any problems. You will find it helps if you install the latest Office97 patches from the MS Office website.

Patr100 00:11 16 Apr 03

It should run OK in my experience.

AndySD 00:15 16 Apr 03

Ive had no problems installing this on xp so far.

Shanks 00:18 16 Apr 03

Thanks everyone, I don't see why it should cause hassle but just wanted to make sure before I start causing this new system to start blue screening!!

Cheers

GroupFC 08:39 16 Apr 03

I run two systems both with xp home and both have office 97 installed (and used extensively).

I have had absolutely no problems and depite what jazzypop says I haven't had to install any of the office97 patches either! (after all if it ain't broke why fix it!!).

Shanks 09:00 16 Apr 03

Great GroupFC, Office XP doesn't seem to offer anything that I can't do with '97 so I really don't want the cost of having to upgrade unless I can avoid it. Thanks for leting me know.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac