Office 2k starts installation when not needed

Qdiddy 14:17 18 Nov 05

I have Office 2k Pro and after some problems a few weeks back I removed it, removed the installation package with Windows install cleanup, reinstalled and downloaded all the updates from the Office website.

Now, whenever I try to start Publisher, the install process starts up and I have to insert my disc for publisher to work.

I have checked my shortcut properties, all of which have the target as "Office Professional Disc 2", but I cannot change the target.

The main application icon shows the correct location for the application, so I am stumped on this one. BTW. I have tried another reinstall and repair from the installation disc.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

ventanas 14:53 18 Nov 05

I think you've just answered your question with the shortcut target pointing to the CD. I would reinstall publisher and ensure that you choose Run from My Computer when installing.

Qdiddy 15:01 18 Nov 05

I've done that. I've reinstalled everything to "Run from My Computer"

driving man 15:49 18 Nov 05

sounds like you did a custom install which then needs the disc in to work try uninstalling and then do a full install as recommended by Microsoft

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…