Office 2010 - several versions

Clapton is God 15:28 04 Apr 11

Elder daughter has managed to get 3 different versions of Office 2010 on her HP Windows 7 laptop - namely Student & Teacher edition, Office Starter 2010 edition and Word Starter 2010 edition.

Daughter is a Primary school teacher and the laptop is borrowed from her school. She tells me that the school's head of IT (who is, apparently, an incompetent idiot) loaded the Student & Teacher edition.

If I simply un-install the Office Starter and Word Starter will the Student & Teacher edition still run OK?

mimosa418 18:52 04 Apr 11

There are so many common files to these three systems that it is unlkely that one would survive the removal of the others.
It would be best to remove all three and then install the one you want.

Woolwell 21:02 04 Apr 11

I don't think that she does have 3 versions of Office installed and in fact I don't think that it is possible. Office Starter 2010 is a replacement for Works click here and will sit on the system alongside office. Word Starter 2010 is another basic program. Suggest a system restore point is created and Word Starter 2010 uninstalled. The system probably came with the last 2 as OEM pre-installed programs.

Clapton is God 09:32 05 Apr 11

Thanks for your replies.

Woolwell
You're correct - the laptop came with both Starter editions pre-loaded as OEMs.

Ideally, I would have thought the Head of IT should have un-installed them before installing the Student & Teacher edition!

As it is, I think it's probably best to leave well alone as all three seem to sit happily alongside each other and Word, Excel, etc work as they should.

I'll tick as resolved.

compumac 12:49 05 Apr 11

They might have been preloaded but have they been actually activated??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…