Office 2010 Installation

Sawtooth33 20:12 25 Jul 10

Could I please have advice on installing Office professional 2010. As i have office 2007 already installed do I have to uninstall 2007 first or can I install 2010 without any problems.
thank you

VoG II 20:18 25 Jul 10

You will be offered this option during installation. IMHO delete Office 2007 - it is pants.

skeletal 10:49 26 Jul 10

I agree with VoG but with couple of comments:

Whether or not you decide to keep 2007, you will HAVE to decide which version of Outlook to use; you can’t run two versions of Outlook. I would use 2010.
If you use Access, there are a few changes that mean, in some cases, you can’t run a 2010 developed project on 2007, even though the file type is supposedly the same. If you intend sharing what you do on other machines, it is worth keeping Access 2007 to make sure it still works (and researching new features that prevent interoperability).
AFAIK all the other components of Office are backwards compatible, but you just won’t be able to run the new features on 2007. I have not tried them all, but found out the Access problem by hard won experience!

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…