Office 2010 Beta

iscanut2 11:03 28 Nov 09

If I download and install this beta, will my previous version ( 2003 ) still be useable, or does the installation overwrite/remove any previous versions ?

Forum Editor 11:11 28 Nov 09

that you remove the previous version of Office before installing the beta.

I have been testing this software for some time, and if it's of any help I can tell you that the public beta is very stable. I'm running it on three machines where it is in daily use, and it hasn't fallen over yet.

If you're in any doubt however it's best not to install the beta in the first place.

phoenix198 12:27 28 Nov 09

Have to agree with the FE here on both counts.

Running 2010 Beta and 2003 in parallel on a single PC account opens up the possibility of all kinds of software conflicts, not the least of which might be what is your default email client: Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2010?

As for Office 2010 Beta, I too have found it to be very stable and highly useable - once you get the hang of the ribbon bar(s) that is!

BRYNIT 12:33 28 Nov 09

From the MS Office 2010 Beta FAQ Website.

If you are offered an “Upgrade” upon installation, Office 2010 (with the exception of Outlook) can co-exist with previous versions of Office by selecting that option from within the “Customize” menu. Microsoft Office Click-to-Run installations will co-exist with other installations of Office by default. Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft SharePoint Workspace cannot co-exist with previous versions so you will need to select one version of the program to have installed on your computer.

iscanut2 13:23 28 Nov 09

Thanks for all your comments..will have to have a think about it first...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…