Office 2007 - Saving settings

Pine Man 18:44 19 Nov 07

I am about to install a different copy of Office 2007 (don't ask!).

If I remove my existing installation will my settings still be kept in the registry and apply to the new installation? If not what should I save?

I am particularly concerned about Outlook 2007, which has taken me a while to sort out properly and set up the way I like it.

Pine Man 19:27 19 Nov 07

could I leave the present installation on my PC and just install the new version over it?

johnem 21:44 19 Nov 07

If you install over the top, you might be given the option to save previous settings, but if you export all of the Outlook settings to a folder, you should then be able to import them into the new version. You might also wish to save the default Word template and then re-introduce this on the new version as this will should save any dictionary special spellings etc. Hope this helps.

Pine Man 08:41 20 Nov 07

Thanks for that.

I read that you can save your personal folders to a .pst file. Do you, or does anybody, know if this contains all your settings in addition to contacts etc?

Pine Man 13:59 20 Nov 07

I have now received info to the effect that I cannot install over the top of my existing installation - it must be a clean install. Hopefully .pst will contain all the info I need for Outlook.

Thanks johnem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…