Office 2007 OEM query

legalrep 14:08 01 Jan 10

I bought via e-bay an OEM version of Office 2007 Professional which I loaded on to my laptop. Am I able to load this on to my desktop as well? I know some software you can load on to a laptop and desktop but I'm not sure about this? Thanks in advance.

Woolwell 14:21 01 Jan 10

OEM software should normally be provided as pre-installed software on new build systems and is licensed for that machine only. For details of the licence download a small prog and pdf file from here click here.

I am always very suspicious of OEM software on E-Bay. Too much of it is pirate or being sold out of its licence conditions.

User-312386 15:21 01 Jan 10

The short answer for an OEM is no, you cant install on 2 machines. In fact when the machine your using fails, you cant transfer it to another machine legally!

GaT7 17:15 01 Jan 10

"The short answer for an OEM is no, you cant install on 2 machines."

Just to be very clear about this, one cannot install a retail version of Office 2007 (& most other retail/OEM software) on more than one system at a time. That's unless it bears a 'volume' licence of some sort that permits one to do so. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…