Office 2007 install from download -no CD drive

Lytchick 13:12 22 Feb 10

I need to install Office 2007 which I have bought onto my netbook which had no CD drive. I currently have a trial version running. The package instructions say I just need to open word then enter the activation code but I cannot get into a screen where the code is requested.

Do I need to wait for the trial to expire or perhaps even uninstall it before I can put the full version on?

northumbria61 13:51 22 Feb 10

Are you are talking about installing the FULL version? Have you purchased the CD or downloaded it?

Pineman100 13:55 22 Feb 10

I found the following in the Help section of my Word 2007:-

Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click Word Options.

Click Resources, and then click Activate.

Follow the instructions in the Activation Wizard.

If you still have difficulties, apparently the Activation Wizard has details of a phone number you can call.

northumbria61 13:59 22 Feb 10

Having read your message again I see it is a download. You can go ahead and install the FULL version - you don't have to wait for the trial version to expire. If you do encounter any problems during the install then uninstall the TRIAL version via add/remve programs. During the install you will be able to enter your ACTIVATION Code.

Peter 15:45 22 Feb 10

I installed my MS Office 2007 Student edition onto my netbook (no CD drive) by copying the CD contents (about 320 Meg) onto a USB Thumb Drive and running it from the Flash drive plugged into the netbook.

Peter.

Lytchick 20:49 22 Feb 10

Many thanks for all the replies. This is the 1st time I have used this forum and was very pleased with the advice, especially that of Pineman100.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…